Posts tagged unlock
Thanks to the AllShadow Community! If it wasn’t for the Contributors in the Forum this post wouldn’t be possible!
For new Shadow owners, or those that don’t want to mess with the registry, this file will provide some basic performance enhancements. After installation you will notice that your Shadow is running more to your liking. Be sure to check back now and then as updates will happen.
Enhancements/Changes this file makes to the Shadow are:
- Application Unlock – enables certain programs to fully operate (i.e. Google Maps ‘My Location’ feature)
- SMS Sent Notification turned off – gets rid of that annoying Message Sent notification you get when sending texts
- Disabled Neo Interface Windows Media Player (WMP) – this does not remove WMP from your phone or make it unusable, it only turns off the ‘pane’ in the Neo interface. This specific pane uses a lot of memory and slows your phone down. You can still use Windows Media Player from the Start menu
- Slimmer Scrollbars – slimmer scroll bars means more screen Real Estate
- Larger Glyph Cache – speeds up graphics
- Enable Clear type – smoother fonts
AllShadow Community Veterans: If you feel there is something I should add to this that most people will enjoy please post in the comments (a link to the forum post describing the addition would suffice as well).
Here’s the file in case you didn’t see it up above:
If you want to suggestion an addition to this read the forum thread . Please read everything and use the Search feature before requesting support.
Many times a program will need you to Application Unlock your phone (App Unlock). Most of the time the software won’t tell you this needs to happen but someone eventually figures it out. So to alleviate this problem it is best to app unlock your phone early on. Download the App Unlock cab, place it on your Shadow and run it from there. The appropriate registry entries will be made.
It has surely happened to everyone. An accidental keypress while a phone is in your pocket and someone gets a phonecall. For the most part these calls are harmless but there are times when it might become a nuisance.
The Shadow comes with automatic locking already enabled, however the two keys needed to unlock it are on next to each other on the same side of the phone. Further, the call button is next to these two as well. Simply walking can press these buttons.
There is a solution, a solution everyone should use anyways. Use a pin code with your phone. It might seem a small nuisance at first but if you do leave your phone somewhere you don’t have to worry about your information and pictures ending up in the wrong hands.
Additionally, Windows Mobile 6 (WM6) includes a setting for encrypting content on your memory card. A pin for your phone is only good for the information on the phone itself. If you have any sensitive data on the memory card it can be accessed through a card reader. So encrypt it and give the bad guys a hard time.
This post is a short walk through on how to set up your PIN and encryption for your memory card. Read the full story for the walk through.