T-Mobile has a new promotion going on for Thanksgiving only (November 23-25). All you need to do is sign up for a MyFaves Plan and submit an application. You can find out more at http://www.t-mobilefreeflight.com/
T-Mobile worked with Microsoft on this new Windows Mobile homescreen interface dubbed ‘Neo’. The results are a friendlier more efficient interface and it is definitely worth checking out. Watch the video for more…
I have had a chance to use the T-Mobile Shadow for a few days now and I would like to report on my findings.
Overall it has a solid smooth feel when in hand. The Screen is slick and although you can get some fingerprints on it quickly they do not inhibit viewing the screen at all. The screen is vibrant and bright and works well with the device.
The sliding action is great. It is smooth and silent, almost like a well oiled folding blade. It doesn’t accidentally slide open either. There are settings to allow the opening/closing of the keyboard to answer/end a call. By default it is set to answer when opened and no effect when closed. More >
The Shadow is here! This thing is slick. Check out this video for Part One of the unboxing. The T-Mobile Shadow has the new NEO interface that takes Windows Mobile to a whole new level of useability.
Be sure to come back soon for more indepth videos and a look inside the T-Mobile Shadow
I am excited about the new Shadow showing up soon. Everything from the Neo interface to the new 20 key sliding keypad should prove useful and interesting. T-Mobile and Microsoft has worked hand in hand on this new interface and many are saying it takes Windows Mobile to a new level.
Stay tuned for an exclusive Unboxing from AllShadow.com
“T-Mobile Shadow™ Attacks Complexity through Super-Simple Communication Interfaces Designed To Make Popular Calling, Messaging and Picture Sharing Features Quick and Easy to Use
BELLEVUE, Wash. – Oct. 29, 2007 – T-Mobile USA, Inc., today announces the upcoming availability of the T-Mobile Shadow™ – the first phone in a planned franchise of phones under the Shadow brand, a name that will become synonymous with playful, easier and richer communications experiences offered only by T-Mobile®.
Available beginning October 31, the T-Mobile Shadow is designed to significantly reduce the complexity often associated with many feature-rich devices, while maintaining all the powerful calling, messaging and picture sharing capabilities people crave to keep them connected.
“We’re calling the new line of devices ‘Shadow’ because they’re designed to help people stay effortlessly connected with those who are closest to them – the people you would choose to have with you all the time if possible – the people you love checking in with during a hectic day or to share special news,” said Robert Dotson, president and CEO, T-Mobile USA. “Shadow finally makes staying connected to people simple, fun and easy – and all without the hassle of using a complicated device. This is not a productivity tool. This phone is designed for people who have lives beyond work.”
For years, T-Mobile has been pioneering new products and services designed to reduce the complexity of staying connected to important people. This effort began years ago with the introduction of the T-Mobile Sidekick® family of devices, designed to make calling, texting and instant messaging much easier just as young adults were beginning to embrace these new forms of communication. In 2006, T-Mobile continued this work with the introduction of myFaves®, a service that offers unlimited nationwide calling and one-click communications access to the people who are most important to you.* The myFaves service was introduced simultaneously with the introduction of T-Mobile’s new “stick together®” brand promise, a commitment by the company to focus laser-like on making it much easier and richer to stay connected with the people who matter most.
The T-Mobile Shadow helps people effortlessly connect through the phone’s innovative design and screamingly simple user interface. T-Mobile teamed with HTC, the designer and manufacturer, to eloquently integrate the phone’s form and function. This focused effort resulted in an unmatched communications experience that strips out the complexity of traditional multi-function phones – so people don’t have to wrestle with technology – and makes it more intuitive for customers to explore and try new ways to communicate.
“We partnered exclusively with T-Mobile to help them deliver a deep communications experience that is built around the customer,” said Peter Chou, president and CEO, HTC. “In both form and function, the T-Mobile Shadow delivers an unmistakable commitment to enhancing personal relationships.”
Highlighting the phone’s distinct features and its complete ease of use, the T-Mobile Shadow offers:
- An enhanced myFaves functionality that allows even more flexibility and ways to communicate and connect. Through this experience customers can now call, send an e-mail, text or instant message, and share a picture, video or voice note, all with a push of the button right from the myFaves home screen.
- An enhanced user-interface integrated with the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 platform.
- A sleek, slider design, and a spin navigation wheel that make it a breeze to scroll through the polished user interface, myFaves icons, and other core phone features.
- One of the largest, most-radiant screens on any T-Mobile phone. When combined with its high-quality, 2.0-megapixel digital camera with video capture, it enables customers to record and share those special moments in vibrant ways. Plus, a multimedia player provides a convenient way to listen to and share favorite music and video.
- An array of lights and sounds that differentiate one function from another, whether you’re receiving an e-mail, picture message or calendar appointment notification.
- Wi-Fi and EDGE-enabled high-speed Internet access to power Web surfing so that connecting to your favorite social networking site is quick and easy.
- A reminder feature, so customers need never forget another friend’s or family member’s birthday or anniversary with the ability to set reminders for these important days in the lives of their ‘fave five.’
- T-Mobile Address Book that lets customers easily import contact information from Yahoo! ®, Gmail™, Microsoft Outlook® and other e-mail services onto their phone using my.t-mobile.com, and automatically back up their phone’s address book online.
The T-Mobile Shadow will be available in two fashionable tones – copper and sage. It will be available exclusively to T-Mobile customers”