How to Access your Touch Pro2 from your PC over WiFI
poeticwun tells us in the Touch Pro2 Forums about this great app called WiFi Remote Access that allows you to explore the content of your Windows Mobile Phone through the browser on your PC over WiFI. It’s super easy to use and can come in real handy in a pinch.
For example, say you’re at a friends house and want to transfer a file to them but you can’t transfer it the usual way. Just fire up WiFi Remote Access up and get to business. Keep reading for a mini-review and some features.
Setting it up is as easy as could be, as poeticwun puts it:
- download the WiFi Remote Access 1.5 beta 1. zip
- extract the cab file from the zip file and transfer it to your phone
- On the first use it will ask you to set a password, make it one you can remember.
- Press Enable
- Using your browser go to the IP address that is shown on the phone. For example http://192.168.1.2
- after a short wait you can put in your password and you’re ready to go.
There is a remote control built in so you can completely control your phone through the browser. Additionally you will find a registry editor through the browser that can come in handy.
To get your hands on this handy little number go to the WiFi Remote Access website and download it.
No related posts.