How to Upgrade your Touch Pro2 to the International WM6.5 ROM
The update for our Touch Pro2’s has been out for a few weeks. I get a lot of emails asking how to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5. This post will walk you through how to upgrade your Touch Pro2 to Windows Mobile 6.5. Keep reading for the full tutorial.
Go to http://dl.htc.com/ruudownload/t-mobileUS/Filedownload.aspx?pid=tp2 and enter your IMEI number. To find your IMEI number:
- From the Home Screen, press “Start”
- Select “Settings”
- Select the “System” tab.
- Select “Device Information”
- Select the “Identity” tab, the IMEI number should be listed.
- Save the download file to your desktop. It’s 167MB, download speeds will vary.
- Once it’s done, Run it!
Be sure you understand what’s about to happen to your phone. This upgrade will delete all information on your phone! Just so you know. It would help if you had synced your phone using Windows Mobile Device Center, Microsoft MyPhone or even Google Sync.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable, make sure it gets a Sync connection. Also be sure you have greater than 50% battery charge remaining on the phone. This could take awhile so if your computer goes into Standby or Hibernation while upgrading it could BRICK your phone.
The ROM Update Utility will verify that your phone can be updated. If you wish to proceed click on ‘Update’. Remember this is going to delete all the information on your phone!
One more verification of your ROM version. Click Next.
Yes there are a lot of screens to click through. Click Next
Now we begin updating!
It’s normal for your phone to have the four color screen. Don’t panic! You should see an updating progress bar. If the loader says it was unable to update your phone, don’t do anything to your phone, just run the Updater again.
You should also see a progress bar on your device.
- Almost there! The tension mounts!
- A Congratulations screen, and it is in order.
- Notice the new splash screen?
- A few tutorials are shown helping you get up to speed.
- After going through the tutorials you will be greeted by a new home screen. Enjoy!
No related posts.