SkyFire 0.6 is Here, Still in Private Beta
As of this morning the newer beta of SkyFire arrived with many enhancements:
- Multi-Line Text Entry (2,000 character limit) (Good!)
- Auto-complete text entry (YAY!)
- Paste into URL or search (Life has just gotten easier)
- Ability to delete bookmarks (Thank you)
- Multiple zoom modes for touch screen phones
- Double Tap to Zoom In and Zoom Out (not important to us Non-Touchscreeners)
- Support for custom virtual keyboards (again non touchscreen)
- Web Search Shortcut in softkey menu (Thank you again)
- Access to the Windows Mobile Taskbar in softkey menu (Easyiness)
- Persistent Settings for SMartfit, Mute and Zoom Size (Good!)
- Support for 12-key and 1/2 QWERTY devices
- Password Masking (for those curious eyes)
- Backlight usage based on system settings
- Ok button sends SkyFire to the Background (Great!)
- Additional sites listed on the Featured:Info and Media tabs
For those of you with an existing beta copy it will stop working on May 7th.To update, simply fire up SkyFire > Click the Upgrade Now link and an SMS will be sent to your phone with a download link. You will need to use the original email you signed up with. If you aren’t on the beta, sorry. If you signed up already stay patient as they open up to more users all the time.
If you want to sign up for the SkyFire beta visit Skyfire.com. The download is 466KB and the installed size is 1385KB.
No related posts.