How to Create New Office Documents on the Shadow
The Shadow has Windows Mobile Standard and does not include a ‘New document’ feature. This should also apply to other Smartphones as well. This method is fairly simple, doesn’t cost you a cent and you don’t have to install any programs, just download two empty documents. The first part of this post is the Basic method and the second part is the Advanced method which builds on the first.
Download the following two files and just save them to your My Documents folder. They are appropriately named. To use them just go to your My Documents folder and click on either the Excel file (New xlsx.xlsx) or the Word file (New Docx.com). They are write protected so you will have to save your new document using ‘Save As’.
Here are the files:
It’s really that simple. For the Advanced method…
AllShadow.com does not assume any responsibility for anything that goes wrong with your phone. That being said, nothing will go wrong if you follow these directions
Note: When ‘Save as’ your new file make sure to save it to your Storage Card or it will be buried in your Windows directory. Having it on the Storage Card makes it easier to deal with when you have many files.
1. Download the files from above to your home computer
2. Connect your Shadow to your home computer.
3. In Windows Explorer go to the menu ‘Tools > Options > View Tab > make sure that the box for ‘Hide protected operating system files’ is unchecked.
4. In Windows Explorer navigate on your device to ‘/ > Windows > Start Menu > Office Mobile’
5. Copy the two files you downloaded to this directory and you’re finished. Now when you go the Start menu on the Shadow, simply go to the Office Mobile folder and you can open a new document from there. You can even go so far as to add it to your Speed Dial if you create new documents frequently.
No related posts.